Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My favorite $5 sandwiches.

This summer I am mainly, sadly, stuck in Bar review class during the week and often lunch is taken over a computer. Depressing, I know, BUT it has made me realize how much I love $5 sandwiches in the city. Here are my two favorite!

1) Tortas with chicken from "the taco truck"

Ok, this is NOT their real name but I never know what is. It's the best truck food I have ever had and the guys are adorable, always serving with a smile and trying to teach me more spanish words. It's a big white truck with a green awning and a flip down aluminum siding that you can eat on. They are usually on 6th ave between 4th- 8th street or 8th ave and 14th street (where I have seen them more lately over the summer). I will try and find a number for them to call because it is so SAD when you are craving their cheese-avacado-chicken filled goodness only to discover the truck is not there!

In fact, that happened to me this evening and so with only 6 dollars in my pocket I ventured off to find something else to eat and came upon the new Vietnamese sandwich place in the village

2) Baoguette

For five bucks (5.42 with tax, thank goodness for the extra dollar) I got a HUGE sandwich on deliciously crunchy on the outside fluffy on the inside bread stuffed with seasoned and sauced pork with everything a vietnamese sandwich should be (cool and crisp and tangy and delicious). Definitely one of the best I have had in the city. Definitely will be going back!

On their website it says Murray hill but their NEW location is in the west village at 120 Christopher between Bleeker and Bedford!

Now, back to evidence law....

No comments: