Sunday, June 17, 2007

More blissful gardens!

I took my own advice this morning and enjoyed breakfast at incredible atlas before heading to the 6 and B garden (see previous posts) to enjoy an afternoon of reading and relaxation. To my dismay, however, 6 and B did not open til 1 and it was 12 30 and my current read, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, weighs approximately 30 pounds! What's a girl to do? Discover another garden right near by!

On 6th street between avenue A and B lies "The Creative Little Garden". Fitting into the space of a townhouse or two, this joyful little area hosts a variety of benches and tables, little design elements and sculptures, small areas of flowers and a birdbath with one VERY bold blue jay. Sitting underneath a towering tree, hearing birds chirp around me in this quiet sanctuary was exactly the sort of respite I was looking for within which to indulge my novel side. Go immediately, I say, just don't tell EVERYONE you know, at least not while I'm there!

The garden is open Sat and Sunday, 12-5

No comments: