Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Assssssscat 3000!!!!!!

Hello my loves!

This posting will mark the beginning of my daily posts as well. If you click on the subject at the bottom right of this post it should say comedy and Sunday. Now, if you click on Sunday you will be transported to a world of all the amazing wonderful incredible free and cheap events which happen every Sunday in our dear city (or I'll write when). True, for now I have only started Sundays and only have this one event but in the future I dream of bringing many many events for you each and every day of the week!

Ok, on to assssssscat3000!

Assscat (the number of s's you use is debatable I swear) is an improv comedy group at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. While I love many of the groups this theater hosts there are a number of things which make assscat near and dear in my heart.

1) Assscat often hosts a number of improv allstars in the city. I've seen it hosted a number of times by Amy Poehler who is beyond hilarious despite appearing in Blades of Glory, and it always boasts a line up of SNL, Best Week Ever and the Daily Show/ Colbert report regulars.

2) The show is FREE (but bring a few bucks for the bucket of truth at the end, it's kinda scary!) Which makes it all the more amazing!

Here's the rundown:

What: Assscat 3000 improv comedy
Where: UCBT on 26th between 8th and 9th avenues (take ACE to 23rd!)
When: Sunday nights at 9 30, tickets are handed out at 8 15
When do you REALLY have to get there: I would recommend 7 15 at the LATEST to ensure seating!
Cost: NOTHING AT ALL!!!!
enjoy! :)

No comments: