Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Lesson in free digs

Well friends, today I learned a very sad lesson in free stuff and defeat....


As many of you know today was free cone day at Ben and Jerrys, all day long my tastebuds longed for the sweet stickiness which would only be enhanced by the fact that I did absolutely nothing to deserve said wonderfulness. Due to a number of complications, including the fact that I don't like to indulge in pure sugar before three, it wasn't until it was 7 45 pm while I was sitting in my con law review session when I realized that i only had 15 minutes before my chance for free cones was up for an ENTIRE YEAR! I left class, tripping over five bags at 17 more dedicated law students then myself, threw on my coat and ran outside in the freezing rain, rounded Sullivan, took a left on Bleecker and readied myself for......


A BOARDED UP BUILDING! The Ben and Jerrys I had so lovingly frequented (ok, it was only once, and it was only because it's across the street from my favorite bar....but still!) was gone and good, possibly forever, and I had to return to con law back to the glaring eyes and clicking keyboards of gunners and the 14th amendments interpretations defeated, sad, and lonely with no free ice cream love.

My message to you dear friends is this, free things can be fickle in this crazy city, but we wouldn't want it any other way. Just check to make sure you know where you're going and that it actually exists before heading out for a free day of fun, otherwise you may miss it for another year......

No comments: