Saturday, May 5, 2007

Let's Go Ride a Bike

It is beyond gorgeous outside and a perfect day for a bike ride. While I own my own bike (which makes these offerings free if you do too!), I realize that many NYC-ites do not have the pleasure and thus would like to offer my two favorite spots to ride PLUS places nearby where you can rent bikes for an hour or the day!

The Hudson Bike Path:

Stretching all the way down from Battery Park to the upper west side, this gorgeous, river side path offers miles of flat, smooth road with fantastic views of the city. Hop on pretty much anywhere on the westside and enjoy!

Central Park:

I know it's been done but I love this loop, it's a workout (if your like me and don't bike all that often) on the hills but it feels amazing to glide down them while whizzing through the city's most wonderful offering.

The only bike rental place I can personally recommend is on the Upper East Side is Eastside Bicycles on Lexington and 88th which rents out bikes for around 8 bucks an hour and is right by the park.

Here's a good site though for many a place in Manhattan. Get off your butt and go on a ride!

No comments: