Monday, May 7, 2007

Samosa! Dosa!

first off, I know a lot lately has been in the west village! I swear I will branch out more once the summer comes and I am finally able to leave the library. That said, the village does have some of the greatest cheap eats in the world including my personal favorite Manhattan Cart- THE DOSA STAND!

Usually parked out on Washington Square Park on west 4th by Sullivan from around 11 to 5ish, usually with a line during peak hours, this guy serves up some of the tastiest quick eats to go NYC has to offer. All vegan and all amazing, the dosa's which I can barely explain but it's a crepe type circle of yumminess stuffed with potatoes, onions, veggies, etc. They range from 3-6 dollars and come with a small (spicy) soup and incredible coconut (sort of, it's better than this but my pallet is not sophisticated enough to explain it) sauce. Skip the lines and grab a samosa or veggie roll for a buck each from the window in front. The samosa's are the best I've had, crunchy outside with an amazingly jam packed middle of flavor and food, and the sauces are divine. Grab a seat in nearby Washington square park and people watch for the afternoon and call it a day.

2 comments:

oz said...

i had samosas for lunch today!

oz said...

(from this cart!)